Updated: May 14, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to impact shipping operations. Our leadership team is closely monitoring the situation as many governments have imposed new rules and regulations to help contain the spread of this virus. If you are in need of shipping in and out of any affected region, special considerations may be required.
We are also closely monitoring and adhering to guidelines issued by the World Health Organization and local health ministries in the interest of the health and safety of our employees, partners and customers.
This is a fluid situation in which information changes rapidly. For the most current updates, please consult your local MNX office.
Business Continuity Plan
MNX maintains a robust Business Continuity Plan to ensure uninterrupted service for our customers in the event of a natural disaster, inclement weather or acts of war. This plan has been modified and enhanced to protect against a global pandemic affecting one or more of our Global Customer Excellence or Customer Service Centers. (Note that at this time, all MNX facilities remain fully operational and open.) To request a copy of the MNX Business Continuity Plan, please contact your Sales representative.
Transportation and logistics sector shows resiliency as an Essential Business. MNX and our worldwide partners have received permission to continue operating as a critical essential business, even in areas with strict shelter-in-place or lockdown mandates. Policies around the use of PPE, frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes, and no-contact pickups and deliveries continue to be in place for all couriers for the health and safety of our employees, partners and customers.
MNX Customer Excellence and Call Centers provide 24/7 service, while allowing employees the option of working remotely from home. Our robust business continuity plan and cloud-based transportation management system allows our worldwide customer support network to operate remotely while providing the same levels of service that our customers expect. Key gateway and operations personnel continue to work on-site with strict physical distancing protocols in place.
Shifts to alternative transportation options help counteract reduced passenger flight frequencies. Passenger airlines continue to reduce flight frequencies around the world. Furthermore, passenger airlines are reducing the operational hours of their cargo departments at many secondary and tertiary stations, going as far as closing outright during the weekends in some cases. At this time, our team has been able to counteract the reduction in frequencies through the use of alternative transportation options including:
- Use of freighter flight network
- Access to special cargo-only flights being operated by wide-body passenger planes
- Specialty charter flights
- Direct drive and expedited ground shipments
Transportation, warehousing, forward stocking and depot locations continue to serve pharmaceutical, medical supplies, critical infrastructure service parts and aviation/aerospace components. Our worldwide network of cold-chain warehouses continues to operate and serve our life sciences and pharmaceutical customers during this COVID-19 crisis. The majority of our 650+ forward stocking locations are operating and are able to serve all major cities and markets with service parts for critical infrastructure such as data storage, broadband networks and cellular towers.
Prior to booking any shipments, we are advising all customers to take the following steps to ensure your shipments go smoothly:
- Verify the operational hours of all pickup and delivery locations.
- Confirm that pickup and/or delivery instructions have not changed from the regular pickup and/or delivery protocols.
- Ensure that the commodity is clearly listed on the AWB as certain commodities are given priority over others.
- For any time-sensitive or mission-critical shipments, we recommend utilizing Priority Services instead of General Cargo.
- Please note our temporary policies for proof-of-delivery signature and visits to MNX facilities to protect the health and safety of our employees, partners and customers.
Contact MNX for the latest updates
Please consult your local MNX office for quoting and any additional updates as they come.
Key operational contact numbers:
- AOG Desk:
- Columbus: +1.888.233.7247
- Denver: +1.866.264.3375
- Amsterdam: +31.20.4490018
- Entertainment Desk: +1.310.330.2338
- Melbourne: +61.3.9335.5660
- Singapore: +65.6280.1969
- EMEA: +31.20.4490018
- Latin America & The Caribbean: +1.305.341.0955
- USA & Canada:
- Columbus: +1.888.888.8463
- Denver: +1.800.938.1809
- Los Angeles: +1.844.669.7874